In my doodle for Google, I know I wasn't the most artistic, but I know I was creative. I also know what I felt some many needed to get out of my drawing. I wanted people to see my drawing and know what i meant by it, i wanted people to understand that walking was and is a big deal, not just for their health, but for our world. So what do you see?
Butterfly wall art
In the beginning of this project I already know what I wanted, I know I wanted to make a Butterfly wall art. This is a Ombrea effect caused by butterflies cut out from different shades of a color. After looking on Pinterest I know what i wanted to make, and how I wanted it to look, I just didn't know what colors to make the papers.
So I first thought of a blue color factor, but I ended up not liking the way they went. So I kept trying until i found the just right color, a dark red color and i feel in love with the way it looked. But i still had to make a base so i grabbed a styrofoam board and placed paper over it with a glue, making it easier to paint. After everything was painted and dried I was almost done.
In the end I hot glued everything together placing them in order on color. After everything I have to say i think this is the best piece i have made yet. I like everything about it, the color, the way it comes altogether, i hope i can continue to make many more piece like this one.
In the beginning of the Styrogami project I know exactly what I wanted, unlike the other projects. I wanted to make 3-D cat play balls. So I started sketching out every piece I wanted to make, and after I did I got to work picking out the Styrofoam cups I was going to use to make the project. I also asked for advise from many people to see if my idea would work.
When I started to make the project come to live I decided to make them in to different sizes, each being made differently. The first Was small and very enclosed, the second was very big and enclosed, but the third was not to big but not to small and very open. This made each one stand out a little from the others. Through the whole process I had trouble with keeping the piece of the balls from breaking. But I figured I could hot glue them together.
In the end I painted each one a different color, and then finishing them off with a glitter top coat. Overall I really like the project, and I would do it over. I liked that it was simple, but you could add in elements that were different, making it your own. I would like to try making a bigger piece one day.